Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mike thinks I'm funny...

Hello and welcome to my BLOG!  Is that how I am supposed to start it?  Okay so let’s start off by talking about what this blog will be about.  I know you are dying to know.  If you are on the edge of your seats be ready for some disappointment as I will not be blogging about my wonderful cooking skills or my awesome ability to organize anyone but myself.  No, I have decided after much consideration that my blog will be about…drum roll please…me!  Even better than what you hoped right?!  Actually for a long time I have considered blogging but just didn’t know what to categorize it as or what I would organize my thoughts into.  But the truth is, I don’t think in an organized fashion so why should my blog be?  I (over)think about everything and pretty much have an opinion about everything so why not just talk about whatever comes into my silly little mind.  And I have the best subject matter in the world…three adorable kids.  And they are funny (which they get from me).  So in this blog you will read about whatever comes to mind because the truth is, I love writing and why not share that with the world(or my at least 3 friends that will probably read this)?
You may be curious about the name of my blog.  Mike thinks I’m funny?  Let’s go back in time a little.  When my 5 year old Addie was about one year old I decided I needed to get a job.  Mainly due to the craziness of our lives at that time, I needed a distraction from the chaos we were dealing with.  My friend Alisha had the perfect fit for me doing data entry 3 nights a week.  I started working and met a guy who at the time was 20.  He was quite frankly one of the best people I have ever met.  He was just what I needed at that time.  Highly spiritual and extremely deep we became friends immediately.  Now let me tell you about Mike.  He is one of those people who everybody likes.  And if you don’t like him you are probably fake or simply a person who prefers to live on the surface of life.  He is the kind of person who probably literally has 1,000 friends (fact check: 1,931- I checked his facebook).  And he is likely really good friends with every single one of them.  When you are with Mike you feel like the only person in the world.  He really makes you the most important thing and builds you up where many people, even without trying, tear you down. 
Now let’s not get things confused here.  Mike is an amazing guy and a good friend but it’s not like ‘that’.  If you are here you likely know about my amazing husband and our ‘disgusting’ happiness and love for each other.  I simply adore Mike’s honesty and openness about all things in life.  So much so that because of our friendship we didn’t actually get much work done (sorry Alisha).  I remember one day coming into work and he wasn’t talking to me and I really thought he was mad at me, only to find out he had been ‘talked’ to about our excessive conversing.  At the time I met Mike our family life was in ruins through no fault of Eric’s or mine.  We were dealing with my oldest daughter’s biological mom and her full time job was making our life hell and Eric suffer.  It was a constant issue.  We could never relax because the next thing was around the corner waiting for us, right there ready to tear any bit of joy we had to bits.  I know it sounds dramatic but it is no embellishment.  Those of you who really know me know this to be true.
I needed work to distract me because all of the problems were making my life completely unenjoyable, which is a really sad thing when you have found the love of your life and a have a precious baby.  Going to work every day saved me and my conversations with Mike made it even better.  He has a fresh perspective on people and human behaviors that some search their whole lives for.  He helped me enjoy what I had and allowed me to vent in an honest way.
Okay, so enough sap.  The greatest thing about Mike is that he thinks I’m funny.  Not just funny but FUNNY.  Obviously he has an incredible sense of humor.  I used to give him the latest Addie story or drama situation and even if it wasn’t a funny topic he found humor in it.  He long ago told me to start a blog but I resisted.  You see I know that blogging is such a ‘fad’.  It’s like ‘what? you don’t have a blog??’.  And quite frankly I read some and wonder who made that person feel so important that I would want to waste the 6 minutes I just did on that?  And I am not one who thinks I’m that important.  The truth is I really don’t at all.  I don’t know who will read my blog or why but I guess that shouldn’t matter right?  If I like to do it then so be it!  Mike and Eric have both said that I need to get over my insecurities and just do it.  Mike literally said ‘the world needs to know Mandy!!’  You see it’s not that I don’t think I’m awesome and funny.  I mean I laugh at my own jokes daily.  I’m just not sure others find me to be as clever as I do myself. 
But why?  I mean I’m sick of pretending I’m not a bitchen rockstar from Mars.  Tiger blood.  Adonis DNA.  Wait.  I diverted. 
I have to give credit to my lovely husband for this blog as well.  He too has been telling me to do it forever.  He even started one for me about a year ago but I never touched it.  Why is it that when the loves of our lives tell us to do something or tell us we are great we don’t believe it until an outsider confirms it?  And why even do I need anyone’s approval in the first place?  That’s a big question for everyone I believe.  The path I took to get here today was a rocky one but I don’t have to hide that anymore.  I was a party girl and I am who I am because of it and let’s be honest, I presume some good stories will come out of that part of my life.
So in closing, in this, my very first blog entry...I admit that I have succumb to this fad of blogging and also that I don’t care if you don’t like it(I do so don’t tell me).  Come, read, laugh or don’t(but if you don’t-never come back).  And I hope you all have the incredible sense of humor that my perfect husband Eric and good friend Mike have. J
Mandy

9 comments:

  1. You rock girl! I am proud of you for finally just doing it and posting this. Love you love me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! Thanks, Mandy. You are kind and generous in the praise of this Mike fellow. ;) But you're right, I DO think you're "FUNNY." :) Thank GOD you've finally stepped into the public eye with your writing. I can't wait for what this will hold! Oh, the laughs. Seriously, I can't wait. :) I anticipate tears and gut pain from deathly laughing fits. And the poetry that your writing tends to flow like. Man, this is going to be a piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, if Mike says you are funny, you must be. He's a connoisseur of humour. Welcome to blogworld. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amandy, Amandy, you are funny. I can't wait to read your blog. You are a rock star and you are cool and important. Just ask those 3 amazing girls. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy! Ha, I don't know if you'll remember me, but you once took me as your (short-lived) date to a Custom Decorator's Christmas party, and ever since Mike has used that as a reference when telling me about your hilarity. I'm excited to read this periodically, and hope you're very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to meet Mike. Sound like a fun guy. lol. Anyway, Good luck on your blog. I'm going to pass it along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Amanda!! I'm so excited to follow along! And I totally feel you on Mike! Even though I've only met him once, I thought he was awesome, and didn't want him to leave!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stumbled upon this blog because of Mike (go figure) and was inspired this afternoon to start blogging myself, so thanks for stepping out there! Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all!! And yes Jon, of course I remember our date...when you ditched me ;) Thank you guys for reading this. More to come...

    ReplyDelete